That Night......


                           THAT NIGHT

We hold and glimpses at each other not mindful of the people around us. I can hear Ifeanyi whispering to Ekene “see two love birds” and as they silently laugh at us, being carried away by the irresistible sweet cent from his mouth I held him tight just like I did that night before my matriculation ceremony when my phone rang with my best song The Power of Love by Celin Dion  as my ringtone, I smile when I saw “Eternal calling” a name I choose to call him after watching a Philippians movie My Eternal. I thought about the last moment I spent with him at Amokwe, Agbanni road Enugu where he live alone in his small but well furnished and attractive room, the last moment that we slept together without nothing happening. Nkem guess what? A word which he uses anything he has an astonishing thing to give or say to me, nothing could come into my mind that moment he asked that question. I can still remember telling him how desperate I need a laptop and ipad for my assignment and for my typing. You know I don’t like guessing I said just like Chika Ike in Nigeria nollywood movies who I love watching, baby say something he persuaded me to voice out my desperate desire.  Mtcheew he signed when I rejoice fully shout laptop & ipad, I can feel recession written over him the recession that made him hang the phone pretending that he can’t hear me.
 Not minding the issues I had with mtn the previous time, I still decide to borrow credit from them, a decision that I don’t have any idea how to fulfill just to hear what my guess has marred. Baby I’m in Nsukka now he said even without saying hello or he think I will make another guess that will terminate the networks in the state. I was so impress because that was the type of news I desired that moment haven’t been through so much that day both from stubborn lecturers who couldn’t sacrifice that day for our matric and from my classmates who were eager to know my stand so they will come for free food which I termed F2. The news really made me to violet the law of gravity only if I have the power like the supreme, people around wondered what could have made me jump like that and got disappointed and embarrassed when I told them that my boo just arrived. Their countenance matters not to me because I was so filled with joy and excitement knowing that at last I will be with the one I love. The thought of the place he will stay engrossed me so much that when I opened my curious mouth to ask but I heard a strange voice so confident and crunch as if she is so envy of our discussion and don’t want me to ask my heart burning question, at first I wonder who Henry was there with that wanted to ruin the day for me but little do I know that the voice I hear belongs to this network of mine telling me to recharge.
            He whispered again, this time I could hear the snoring of Ifeanyi and Ekene each sleeping on different position, I wonder when they have travelled this fare without taking me alone with them. It could be because of the fun we had earlier that night after the matric cerebration in my lodge, I still recall the discussion I had with Henry the previous night of him throwing a special party for me in the house in honor of my matriculation and our 2 years friendship. I love you obim he finally say holding my hands as if he has been struggling with his mouth. The thoughts of his love and sacrifice enveloped me that I could not recognize the sweet and angelic songs of the mosquitoes round my ears. I tried to adjust myself on the other side of the bed, I end up facing a portrait picture of Ekene facing me then it occurs to me why Henry refused to touch me that night. He once promised never to make love to me in any other place expects his room. The picture facing me made everything that happened that night to start kicking in and out of my memory; I can still see him standing with my love along New Anglican road waiting for me to come and how he opened the door and welcomed me just like a new bride on the weeding night. The thought of him covered my hold mind that start to imagine how lucky that special person is to have a person like Ekene so quiet and so understanding. The way he was posing in the picture triggered some stupid feeling within me which I refused to express, starting from the way he served me and the manner he excuse himself anytime I start my naughty game with Henry.
      I still can recall the voice of the strange woman who warned me to recharge my phone before dialing any number again; I ignored her warning knowing her to be envious of my relationship with my love. Am about to call again when “Eternal calling” displayed on my phone’s screen, am staying with my friend he said and laugh when I asked him who the friend was.  The greenish color and sweet cent from the room sized my breath, I could not think about anything but the manner of love Henry has for me to abandon all his busy schedules at Enugu just to be with me what a love. I turned around to kiss him but this time he has join others in the journey leaving only me, I wonder where he could be now and who he will be dreaming about.  I can’t stop but to imagine the owner of the hand that was moving around me that time of the night, the thought of stopping him came but I suppress it when I discovered that the hand belongs to the person who I have stupid feelings for. I conclude there that he too has feelings for me but because of my relationship with his friend he has decided to be mute to his feeling, I can’t help but enjoy the moves of his soft hands round my body the event which reminds me how I meet Henry, a story which I have refused to tell. Wished the night never end to because I really to enjoy the company of my love who I don’t know when I will see him again. I try to be strong but I end up giving in to the call of nature.



                                                                      
SHARE

Stanley Chukwuemeka

Stanley Chukwuemeka is an industrious, inspiring and pertinacious person. As a benefactor well known by people who have benefited from him, he is always exuberant and ever ready to extricate many people especially the youths from their various problems on leadership, relationship, addiction, purpose, abuse, family issues and spiritual matters.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment